Tuesday, November 06, 2012

The Golden Suggestion?

I saw this wonderful quote today - 
“Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” - Seneca
Beautiful and true. However, Seneca said it sort of as an idea or a suggestion. 

And it reminded me of this:
"'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” - Jesus

You saw it...if you claim to follow and worship Jesus, these aren't suggestions. They are commands.

In all the political fervor, the partisan demonizing, the passionate arguing about very important issues, Christians, we need to remember this one. I will attempt to vote thusly, I will attempt to treat people thusly, and I will attempt to live thusly.

And thusly shall I end this blog post. ;)


No comments: