Saturday, February 01, 2014

3 Legitimate Fears

Explain 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

This is a tough one. I used to be afraid of a lot of things. But trying to come up with legitimate fears that remain...well, that's actually getting more and more difficult as time goes on. Which is a good thing!!

I think I have one fear that is absolutely legitimate, and that is having any real harm befall my family. So I guess I could list a few that are common for mamas and wives the world 'round.

1. Anything happening to my kiddos - this one started the moment I knew I was pregnant with you and I'm sure will continue all my natural life. I think this Elizabeth Stone quote sums it up perfectly: “Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ”

2. Cancer - Your daddy had a bout with thyroid cancer earlier this year, and your sweet great-grandpa was claimed by it just a few months ago. Needless to say, I try and feed my family right and pray for your health, but cancer seems to be one of those things that we have little control over. That scares me.

3. I'd be grasping at straws for this third one. I used to be afraid of the dark. Lots and lots of good reasons why, actually. I'll tell you about them one day, even though it is exactly the kind of thing I'd love to shield you from for the rest of your life. 

One thing is sure, our God is bigger than all these things. He told Israel, "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10) The fear of the Lord is the only fear you or I really need to worry about. 

No comments: