Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Favorite Parts

What is your favorite part of your body and why?

Well, kid, this might not be the most interesting subject matter...to you or anyone else really! However, I spent a lot of time in front of the mirror as a teenager just telling myself, "This is it. Love it or spend your life hating your body." Yes, thanks for noticing that I WAS a wise teenager. =)

But the thing is, the body is constantly changing. We're growing up and then growing out (most of us) and then we start drooping on our way to our ultimate demise. (Sorry, but it's true!) Especially those of us who have given birth...we can attest to the body being a strange and wonderful thing. After having a baby you can probably find 9 out of 10 women have looked at themselves in the mirror and thought, "Who's body is that?"

I feel like this would be more important to you if you were my daughter, but I guess it is important for sons to hear a female who isn't constantly complaining about all the things she doesn't like about her body. OK, OK, so let's get to the question. What's my favorite? 

I want to say ALL OF IT!! Because it gets me around every day, it heals from sickness, it processes all the yummy food I love to eat, it housed and fed YOU, my dear one, and Daddy likes it all a lot too. But I guess "all of it" would be cheating. Not to mention a little disingenuous because there is always a little something every woman wishes she could change. 

So I guess I'll go with torso. And butt. I've got a good one. Hard to fit into jeans that also fit my waist, but I'm not going to complain too much about that. My torso is so long that it made it unfairly easier than some to bounce back to my pre-pregnancy abs. All the fat could get distributed into a longer area, see. So, those are the things I love! I hope I didn't gross you out too much. =)

No comments: